A one-day course, aimed at thermal engineers with a knowledge of the
LUSAS Graphical User Interface.
The course illustrates theoretical and practical
considerations of thermal analysis and consists equally of presentations and
Who should attend:
Existing LUSAS users familiar with a new requirement for thermal
Introduction To Thermal Analysis (THM-1)
Introduces the concepts relating to thermal analysis with LUSAS.
- Field analysis
- Thermal analysis
- Steady state linear and nonlinear analysis
- Transient linear and nonlinear analysis
- Field/Thermal element types
- Boundary conditions and loading
- Thermal material properties
Nonlinear Thermal Analysis (THM-2)
Covers all aspects of analysing nonlinear thermal behaviour in LUSAS.
- External heat transfer
- Conduction and convection transfer
- Radiation transfer
- Thermo-mechanical coupling
- Coupled analysis considerations